3 ingredient Hot Cocoa Dip Recipe is a fun way to enjoy the flavors of hot chocolate with your friends and family this winter.
Hot Cocoa Dip with Lots of Dippers
This Easy Hot Cocoa Dip Recipe is perfect for holiday parties with just 3 simple ingredients!
It's no secret that I love a sweet treat, but this time of year it's extra fun to go the extra mile to share a super cute and easy dessert with delicious hot chocolate flavor with your friends and family.
Charcuterie boards are some of my favorite things to have at gatherings. I like creating the sense of variety that's part of the usual meat and cheese board with all the little dippers I can think of. It's such a fun way to serve a delicious dessert.
For the best part--Create the little snowman to put on top of the dip like he's floating on a cup of hot chocolate for extra fun!
What would be your favorite toppings for this creamy dip with delicious hot chocolate flavor?
- Cream Cheese, room temperature--make sure it's very soft so you have no lumps
- Hot Cocoa Powder--use the regular instant hot chocolate mix in the packets
- Marshmallow Fluff--the kind used for making fudge
Some Additions of my Personal Favorites:
- Large Marshmallows, for snowman
- Mini Marshmallows, for topping
- Mini Chocolate Chips, for the snowman's buttons
- White Almond Bark & Sprinkles for rimming the serving bowl
- Favorite Dippers-- Graham crackers, fresh fruit, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, candy canes, marshmallow bits, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate shavings, etc
How to Make Hot Cocoa Dip
In a large mixing bowl, add the softened creamed cheese and hot cocoa mix. Stir until combined. Fold in marshmallow cream until mixed.
Spoon into a serving bowl that has been dipped in white chocolate and sprinkles.
Serve with dippers of your choice.
Fruits such as red and green apples, bananas, and strawberries are popular at my house.
Also, serve with graham crackers, animal crackers, pretzels, wafer cookies, brownie bites, etc.
To keep fruits such as apples and bananas from browning, dip them in lemon juice and water mixture.
Substitutions and Variations
I love this version of dip, but another option for an easy holiday dessert is Fluffy Hot Cocoa Dip--Use a half container of Cool Whip instead of the marshmallow fluff. It's equally yummy!
Cover leftover dip with plastic wrap or place in an airtight container. Store for 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
Something Else to Try
If you're looking for other super fast desserts to share check out:
Or for a fast sweet treat try one of my mug cakes!
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? ❤️
Lastly, if you tried Hot Cocoa Dip following this recipe, please let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and/or rating!
I love hearing from you! I'll do my best to respond to each comment.
And, of course, if you make this recipe, tag me on Instagram! Seeing your photos is my favorite thing!
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
Hot Cocoa Dip
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 2 packets Hot Cocoa Powder
- 7 ounces Marshmallow Fluff
- In a large mixing bowl, add the soften creamed cheese and hot cocoa mix. Stir until combined. Fold in marshmallow fluff until mixed.
- Spoon into a serving bowl that has been dipped in melted white chocolate and sprinkles.
- Serve with: Red and green apples, bananas and strawberries, graham crackers, animal crackers, pretzels, wafer cookies, brownie bites, etc