Use a few kitchen staples and a little hot chocolate mix to create this warm and gooey Hot Chocolate Mug Cake. Create coziness in one minute.
You Will Love Hot Cocoa Mug Cake Recipe
I challenge you to find a gooier way to feel cozy on a cold winter day. I love the hot chocolate flavor the mix brings to the cup of goodness.
And those warm melted marshmallows... heaven! The marshmallows and chocolate chips elevate this chocolate mug cake to craving-worthy!
Or try my favorite--add a little marshmallow fluff on top and... Ohhhhh! Lawd! It's all the things!
Trust me when I tell you, do not skimp on the cup size. Use a cappuccino or latte-sized mug (12 ounces).
Marshmallows expand in the microwave and if your cup it too small a mess will ensue.
Whip up this gooey, cozy cake with a few kitchen staples.
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Vegetable Oil or Melted Butter
- Chocolate Chips
- Marshmallows, Marshmallow Fluff, or Whipped Cream
Spray a large microwave safe bowl with cooking spray to prevent the cake from sticking.
Mix all the cake batter ingredients in the cup.
Top with Marshmallow Cream, Mini Marshmallows and/or Chocolate Chips
What is a Mug Cake? ☕️
Mug Cakes are simply a cake made with simple ingredients, cooked in the microwave. They are typically 1 or 2 servings.
I love the single-serving mug cake collection of recipes because they are delicious and easy to make with kitchen staples.
Choosing your Mug
Trust me with this one... marshmallows swell in the microwave. Use a 12-ounce mug! If it holds 1 ½ cups of liquid you should be fine.
But keep an eye on this one while cooking to make sure your marshmallows are getting too crazy in there!
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? ❤️
Lastly, if you tried Hot Chocolate Mug Cake following this recipe, please let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and/or rating!
I love hearing from you! I'll do my best to respond to each comment.
And, of course, if you make this recipe, tag me on Instagram! Seeing your photos is my favorite thing!
Hot Chocolate Mug Cake
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup hot cocoa mix 1 envelope
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup hot water
- 2 Tablespoons oil canola
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips semi sweet
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows
- pinch cinnamon optional
- Spray a 12-ounce microwave-safe mug with baking spray and set aside.
- Mix all ingredients in a small mixing bowl or directly in the mug.
- Microwave for 1 minute. Check for doneness. If not set, cook for an additional 15 seconds.
- Garnish with additional chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, or marshmallow cream.
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- See more guidelines at USDA.gov.