Crispy Red Potatoes with a hint of garlic in minutes using the Air Fryer. Get them extra crispy by following my easy tip.
Love These Red Potatoes in the Air Fryer
I'm just going to say it: Roasted veggies are just superior to other veggies.
This crispy Air Fryer Red Potatoes recipe is no exception. And as a bonus, this perfect side dish is ready in less than 20 minutes.
To achieve the perfect roasted red potato that is crispy outside, soft and buttery inside)...plan ahead a little and follow my pro tip.
Then toss them bite-sized pieces in oil and seasonings, roast them in the Air Fryer for a few minutes... and presto! The perfect potato side dish with verrrry little effort!
I love air-frying red potatoes and they are a perfect change of pace from the usual baked potatoes.
To achieve extra crispy roasted red potatoes... try soaking your quartered red potatoes in cold water in the fridge for a bit to soak out some of the starch.
Keep the potato wedges similar in size to ensure they cook at the same pace.
Simple ingredients and simple techniques = fantastic potatoes
- small unpeeled red potatoes, cut into wedges that are similar in size
- olive oil--Use canola, vegetable, or sunflower oil if that's what you have. Though I like the flavor olive oil imparts.
- garlic cloves--I use fresh, but you can use garlic powder if that's what you have. I wouldn't use the jarred garlic for this recipe. If you use garlic salt, adjust the other seasonings.
- pepper--to taste
- Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning
How to Air Fry Red Potatoes
Cut potatoes in wedges that are similar in size.
Place potato wedges in a large bowl and cover with cold water. Refrigerate for several hours to remove some starch
Pat completely dry with paper towels.
Preheat air fryer to 400°.
Drizzle potatoes with oil. Sprinkle with Tony's, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
Place in air-fryer basket.
Cook until potatoes are golden brown and tender. Stirring once or twice while checking for doneness.
I used red potatoes from my garden, but baby potatoes, Yukon Golds, or any other tiny potatoes work here. Sometimes I get lucky and even buy those cute little purple potatoes!
I love sweet potatoes in the air fryer too! I usually season them the same way. Sometimes adding just a slight sprinkle of cinnamon.
Use any seasonings you like! Try adding herbs, such as rosemary or thyme or spices like garlic or onion powder.
Choose a seasoning salt you enjoy. We think Tony's tastes good on about anything.
Red Potatoes in Air Fryer are so flexible! Eat them for breakfast alongside our Amish Breakfast Casserole.
These little gems work beautifully for lunch or supper with:
Sous Vide Whole Chicken
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? ❤️
Lastly, if you tried Red Potatoes in Air Fryer following this recipe, please let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and/or rating!
I love hearing from you! I'll do my best to respond to each comment.
And, of course, if you make this recipe, tag me on Instagram! Seeing your photos is my favorite thing!
- Wash hands before cooking
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
Red Potatoes in Air Fryer
- 2 pounds small unpeeled red potatoes cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ teaspoon Tony Chachere's
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cut potatoes in wedges that are similar in size.
- Place potato wedges in a bowl and cover with cold water. Refrigerate for several hours to remove some starch.
- Pat completely dry with paper towels.
- Preheat air fryer to 400°.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic, Tony's and pepper; toss to coat.
- Place in air-fryer basket.
- Cook until potatoes are golden brown and tender, 10-12 minutes, stirring and shaking once to ensure even cooking.