Easy Homemade Air Fryer Croutons will have you saying, "No more store-bought croutons for me"! Three ingredients and done.
Easy Homemade Air Fryer Croutons
A good salad is one of my favorite meals. But, have you noticed how some salads are just superior?
For me, a superior salad needs superior croutons. Mix together a little olive oil, some seasoning, and some day-old bread for the best croutons money. And turn a blah bowl of greens into a new favorite salad.
Croutons are important for the extra crunch they bring to your favorite salads or your favorite soups, but so often they just don't bring the flavor I'm looking for.
Until now... because you can whip up a batch of Easy Homemade Air Fryer Croutons in literal minutes and have the best croutons ever.
And an extra bonus! Homemade croutons are a fantastic way to use up leftover bread before it goes bad. I often make homemade bread, but sometimes we don't get it all eaten, my hard work doesn't go to waste with this quick Air Fryer recipe.
Simple ingredients and simple technique with exceptional croutons as a result! You won't be mad about whipping up a batch of homemade croutons.
- Day-Old Bread--I used a partial loaf of French Bread. But you can use any kind of bread.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil--is what I used, but you can use avocado oil or melted butter.
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning--is what I used. But any kind of seasoning you like will work.
How to Make Easy Homemade Croutons in Air Fryer
Cut the loaf into 1-inch bread cubes using a serrated knife and put in a large bowl.
Pour olive oil over cubed bread and toss to coat.
Sprinkle with seasoning and toss to evenly season.
Place bread cubes in Air Fryer basket. Bake at 400 degrees F. Tossing every 2-3 minutes. Cook until all sides are golden brown.
Cooking times vary depending on your Air Fryer. Mine take 5 to 7 minutes.
Serve over your favorite Caesar salad or tomato soup.
Cut Down on Food Waste
Homemade croutons are a fantastic way to use up bread and keep from wasting food and money! Plus, you have a superior savory crouton for your little effort!
Use any French baguette, Italian bread, sourdough bread, rye bread, or any leftover bread you have.
Heck, you don't need a fancy bread! Even white, wheat regular sandwich bread, or hot dog buns work here.
Substitutions and Variations
Check out a few flavorful crouton variations and even a way to make them in the oven!
- Air Fryer Garlic Croutons--Sprinkle with garlic salt instead of Bagel Seasoning
- Air Fryer Parmesan Croutons--Add grated parmesan cheese to your seasoned croutons
- Air Fryer Italian Croutons--Sprinkle some Italian seasoning and Kosher salt on your croutons with the oil for an Italian-flavored crouton. I like to use garlic salt to add a layer of flavor.
- Oven-Baked Homemade Croutons--Bake your croutons on a baking tray in a single layer in a preheated 400-degree oven until you have crunchy croutons that are golden brown.
Testers Tips for Easy Homemade Air Fryer Croutons
Make Homemade Bread Crumbs
If you use bread crumbs for recipes such as meatloaf or meatballs, put crush some of these homemade croutons for fantastic flavor! Crush in a baggie with a rolling pin or pulse in the food processor or blender.
Store leftover croutons in an airtight container at room temperature. Croutons will keep for several weeks.
Something Else to Try
Want something to try alongside your salad? Try one of these fantastic soups!
Or for another fantastic, fast, and tasty Air Fryer recipe, try Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza!
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? ❤️
Lastly, if you tried Easy Homemade Air Fryer Croutons following this recipe, please let me know how you liked it by leaving a comment and/or 5 star rating!
I love hearing from you! I'll do my best to respond to each comment.
And, of course, if you make this recipe, tag me on Instagram! Seeing your photos is my favorite thing!
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- See more guidelines at USDA.gov.
Easy Homemade Air Fryer Croutons
- 8 slices Bread Day-Old
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 ½ Tablespoon Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Cut the loaf into 1-inch bread cubes using a serrated knife and put in a large bowl.
- Pour olive oil over cubed bread and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and toss to evenly season.
- Place bread cubes in Air Fryer basket. Bake at 400 degrees F. Tossing every 2-3 minutes. Cook until all sides are golden brown.
- Cooking times vary depending on your Air Fryer. Mine take 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve over your favorite Caesar salad or tomato soup.